Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Cultural Transitions
Reports to: Cultural Transitions Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Cultural Specialist is responsible for supporting and coordinating all details of the transition process for all international healthcare professionals (HCPs) during the United States Transitions Program (USTP). The Cultural Specialist will provide effective logistical and emotional support to HCPs to ensure they have a successful transition once in the US and the relocation to their assignment location.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Serve as main point of contact and support for international HCPs during the entire transition program (from pre-arrival to assignment location) offering support, advice, and solutions whenever necessary. This support is in person, via phone, text, email, instant messaging, etc.
- Assist international HCPs in dealing with any physical, psychological, and emotional aspects of moving within one state, state to state, and internationally to the US.
- Guide and assist international HCPs in apartment search finalizations, to include school search, childcare, budgeting and purchasing a vehicle.
- Identify the needs of international HCPs and provide coaching to help them acclimate to the United States.
- Build trust and professional meaningful relationships with field staff employees for their retention and success.
- Work as a team with other departments to effectively develop unique plans of action to persuade, support, and solve problems in relation to field staff employees.
- Attend various weekly meetings to report updates, concerns, and issues and be involved in seeking the best solution for all parties (HCP, Clients, Internal Departments).
- Update company database and reports and communicate updates to all necessary parties.
- Present United States Transition Program Lectures and Webinars in a group, one on one, and/or virtual setting.
- Travel with international HCPs to assignment location as needed to ensure successful relocation.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This role requires availability outside of normal business hours, as needed, for effective operation of the business.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years related experience in Human Resources, Counseling or business fields required
- Experience working or living outside the U.S. and the ability to interact with International people preferred.
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and collaboration skills.
- Proficiency to work with various software programs including but not limited to email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification, or ability to obtain
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license and clean driving record
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or listen
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Works with little need for guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions
- Is free to plan work assignments and schedule to meet long-term goals and objectives
- Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions
- Performs a wide range of complex tasks
- Must independently manage a large group performing varied tasks
- Persuade or explain complex issues in person or by phone
- Ability to withstand moderate amounts of stress
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment along with clinical patient care equipment
- Travel may be required
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required