Director of Global Development
Location: Maitland, FL
Department: Global Development
Reports to: AVP of Global Growth & Recruitment
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Director of Global Development is responsible for developing and executing strategies leading to growth of Avant’s pipeline from both existing and new markets. The Director of Global Development will lead the development of partnership agreements globally to drive pipeline numbers and through direct market development strategies. This role will be responsible for the daily activities of both Global Business Development team (B2B) and Global Growth team (B2C) that result in high volume of qualified Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) and overall business growth. The Director of Global Development will partner with the Director of Global Recruitment and Director of Marketing - Recruitment to oversee recruitment leads and contract KPIs which in turn supports the business’s growth while simultaneously maintaining its culture and quality standards.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Direct the Global Growth and Global Business Development teams, including involvement in interviewing, hiring and training department staff; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Grow, develop and mentor Global Growth and Global Business Development team in a fast-paced environment
- Oversee and evaluate new and existing global partnerships and present recommendations to AVP of Global Growth and Recruitment and leadership team
- Develop and manage Global Partners that result in high volume and high quality of leads and contracts
- Create and implement HCP facing strategies for new and existing markets that result in high volume, high quality of leads, and contracts
- Build scalable interview processes to qualify and hire the best candidates efficiently
- Responsible for the ongoing evaluation and development of international growth process
- Ensure selection criteria are utilized by the team to ensure consistent selection of applicants
- Develop and analyze strategic global growth plans by service line in conjunction and collaboration with AVP of Global Growth and Recruitment and leadership team
- Execute global growth goals for existing and new markets under the guidance of AVP of Global Growth and Recruitment
- Align domestic and international business needs with Global Growth and recruitment priorities, across all functions, to drive growth strategically
- Contribute and partner with Recruitment Operations team to coordinate and execute international recruitment events
- Deliver creative, innovative growth strategies and recommendations based on exceptional data analysis and metrics-driven execution in conjunction with the other members of the Global Recruitment team
- Collaborate across internal departments, as needed, leading by example in a team-first approach
- Provide solutions and drive data-driven operational optimizations, including regular reporting on recruiting metrics
- Develop and execute departmental KPI's that measure success
- Monitors and constantly reduces the costs of the global growth process
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Establish standard operation procedures (SOPs)
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 10 years related experience in operations, recruitment, or other related experience in operations management
- Minimum of 5 years of direct supervision experience and leading/directing teams required
- Prior international business development of international recruitment experience required
- Experience growing a recruiting function from startup to scale, including global expansion
- Experience in developing a successful recruitment strategy and plan, including approaches to increasing diversity
- Experience building and optimizing recruiting infrastructure (e.g., recruiting processes, budget and headcount management, tools)
- Strong communication, leadership and client service skills
- Exceptional in project management, being resourceful, and detail-oriented
- Driven by data in decisions and driving results
- Hands-on, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done with the team
- Impatient for results that are meaningful for our teams and mission
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), Adobe, and electronic database management
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification and ability to obtain and maintain
- Valid international travel document
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.