Director of Global Recruitment
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Global Recruitment
Reports to: SVP of Operations
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Avant Healthcare Professionals specializes in recruitment of Registered Nurses and allied therapy positions for its U.S. clients through the recruitment of internationally trained health care professionals. The Director of Global Recruitment will be a strong leader, top performer, critical thinker and able to handle a fast-paced environment.
The Director of Global Recruitment is ultimately responsible for ensuring the worldwide strategy is aligned with the revenue and business goals of Avant Healthcare Professionals. Responsible for driving qualified candidates into Avant’s global recruitment pipeline. Responsibilities are considered integral to the success and profitability of the business. Continuous review and analysis of the strategy is required to accommodate changes in market dynamics. Will be involved in formulating recruitment and pipeline strategy, recommend, and implement solutions and plans.
The Director leads the business’s recruiting efforts in recruitment of international Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) (Registered Nurses, OT and PT currently). The Director leads the daily activities of the recruitment department, develops, and executes on the strategic direction and objectives of recruitment operations, meets departmental KPI’s which in turn supports the business’s growth while simultaneously maintaining its culture and quality standards.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Direct the Global Recruitment team, including involvement in interviewing, hiring, and training department staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Drive qualified candidate volume into Avant’s recruitment pipeline that leads to signed employment contracts
- Sets strategy for recruitment pipeline development to ensure alignment with strategic initiatives, revenue, and business goals of the wider organization
- Ensure recruitment pipeline capacity meets company goals
- Partner with and participates in cross collaboration with Global Market Growth and Strategic Initiatives and Marketing leaders
- Exemplify our values and be a champion for Avant Healthcare Professionals recruitment goals, our people, and our mission
- Grow, develop and mentor the global recruiting team in a fast-paced environment in the US, Philippines, and other overseas teams as new markets expand
- Align domestic and international business needs with recruiting priorities, across all functions, to drive growth strategically
- Deliver creative and innovative recruitment strategies and recommendations based on exceptional data analysis and metrics-driven execution
- Collaborate across our departments, as needed, leading by example in a team-first approach
- Problem solve and drive data-driven operational optimizations, including regular reporting on recruiting metrics
- Develop scalable processes to qualify and hire the best candidates efficiently
- Build trust-based relationships with cross-functional teams to influence and achieve goals
- Foster agent and other partner relationships, may include but not be limited to schools, governments etc
- Develop and execute departmental KPI's that measure success
- Determine offer outcomes for HCPs based on Recruitment criteria and escalate offers to SVP of Operations by exception
- Analyze the global recruiting workflow, make recommendations for improvement, and implement on approval
- Monitors implement strategies that reduce the costs of the global recruitment process
- Travel 25% of the time required
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Establish SOPs
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This employee will certainly work more than 40 hours weekly to meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 7-10 years related experience required
- At least 5 years of experience managing and scaling high-performing teams
- Prior recruitment / international recruitment experience required.
- Experience growing a recruiting function from startup to scale, including global expansion preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Experience in developing a successful recruitment strategy and plan, including approaches to increasing diversity
- Experience building and optimizing recruiting infrastructure (e.g., recruiting processes, budget and headcount management, tools)
- Strong communication, leadership, and client service skills
- Exceptional in project management, being resourceful, and detail-oriented
- Driven by data in decisions and driving results
- Hands-on, willing to go over and above to get the job done with the team
- Impatient for results that are meaningful for our teams and mission
- Strong ability using MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), Adobe, and electronic database management
- Ability to travel internationally
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
- Valid passport to allow international travel
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.