Director of Human Resources
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Human Resources & Compliance
Reports to: AVP of HR and Compliance
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the AVP of Human Resources, the Director of Human Resources (DHR) is responsible for leading and supervising the day-to-day operations of the following departments: Corporate Human Resources, Field Human Resources, and Talent Acquisition. This role is responsible for departmental strategic planning and development, hiring, and creating processes and workflows necessary to achieve desired objectives and services. The DHR is to detect, process and resolve escalated issues and work with leadership to find positive outcomes. This role acts as a subject matter expert (SME) in the recruitment of new corporate staff, including researching, analyzing, and resolving staffing-related issues on behalf of the company. This role also will be responsible for employment law and compliance, including HRIS data integrity, for corporate and field employees, in conjunction with guidance from senior HR leadership and outside counsel, as necessary.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Supervise the Corporate Human Resources team to meet the department goals and objectives in support of the overall business.
- Evaluate and improve Avant’s Corporate HR programs and policies for staffing, compensation, benefits, employee relations, HRIS, and health and safety.
- Assists in reviews of HR technology systems, procedures and processes and provides recommendations for enhancements that will streamline the processes of the Payroll/HR department as a whole and will comply with company policies and governmental regulations.
- Ensure proper management and function of company Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Monitor departmental activity, delegate tasks, and follow up as needed.
- Provide coaching to each manager and their direct reports on all matters involving HR to ensure continuous professional growth and independence.
- Work with department leaders and the Organizational Development team to develop and implement HR trainings for each team.
- Discuss and resolve escalated issues with the higher authorities as needed and develop resolutions to provide the departments with feedback and direction.
- Submit updated reports to AVP of HR or any executive member as needed.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state employment and immigration laws and regulations (FMLA, FLSA, ADA, etc.).
- Maintain well-organized and complete HR records.
- Act as a talent strategist by researching, imagining, and constantly improving the talent acquisition strategy using data analytics, industry standards and business input.
- Lead, oversee and supervise members of the corporate recruitment team by using recruiting industry best practice to ensure the function is performing at required levels.
- Design, plan and execute employer branding activities by working closely with the corporate marketing team.
- Manage and education hiring managers about the selection process (screening calls, interviews, assessments, offers, etc.) to ensure compliance and an excellent candidate experience.
- Administer the job description database and ensure all are being kept up to date while following regulatory requirements.
- Suggest and execute measures for improving employee retention.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of departments and services performed.
- Develop departmental goals, KPIs, objectives, and systems.
- Identify, evaluate, support, and solve complex issues related to area of expertise.
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Establish and maintain departmental SOPs.
- Other operational duties as assigned.
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position and core work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This employee may work more than 40 hours weekly to meet the minimum requirements of the role. After hours work may be required for solving time-sensitive issues.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business management or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- PHR/SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience is required; experience in the staffing industry is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in Talent Acquisition preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years providing direct supervision required.
- Knowledge and experience in administration of company sponsored benefits, to include medical/dental/vision/life/disability/401k/etc. preferred.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive information.
- Strong ability in using MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and Adobe
- Intermediate competency with electronic database management and HRIS software required.
- Ability to travel as needed; up to 10% may be required.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification or ability to obtain.
Other Characteristics of the Position:
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 25 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- Job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain the security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required