Director of Solutions Delivery
Location: Maitland, FL
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: VP of Information Technology
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Director of Solutions Delivery leads a team of software delivery professionals to create and enhance hardware and software solutions for Avant. This role partners with business process owners and project stakeholders to meet key business requirements and maximize value for Avant.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Work with the AVP of IT to plan and develop high-value technical solutions for the company.
- Serve as hands-on lead when developing complex software applications.
- QuickBase knowledge and ability to assist team members with QuickBase implementation questions.
- Work with cross-functional teams, and the software development team, to analyze and resolve escalated technical problems.
- Build and maintain a high-performing software development team by supporting positive employee engagement, proactively addressing performance concerns, and providing coaching and mentoring opportunities.
- Assign work, direct, and coach, and provide constructive feedback to individual members of the software development team.
- Articulate solution roadmaps, architectural concepts, and technical design to process owners and project stakeholders.
- Communicate and ensure that best software engineering practices and standards are followed by the team.
- Analyze team workflow, establish priorities, and develop standards.
- Establish software development metrics to measure and improve the effectiveness of Avant’s software delivery capability.
- Establish SOPs to communicate and manage quality assurance, test methodology, and system change management.
- Oversee and improve test methodologies.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving customer satisfaction and relationships.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or a related field required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of Information Technology experience
- 3+ years leading technical teams to develop Information Technology solutions
- Agile software development and manager of the agile process
- Knowledge of Quick Base is required
- Knowledge of Zapier, Workato, and Postman or similar system integration tools
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel may be required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.