Employee Support Services Manager
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Employee Support Services - USTP
Reports to: Director of Employee Support Services
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of Employee Support Services, the ESS Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the ESS Specialists and operations of the USTP team. This role is responsible for the departmental strategic planning and development of the Cultural Transitions Program within the United States Transitions Program (USTP), plans, processes, and workflows necessary to achieve desired objectives and services. The ESS Manager also assists in providing logistical and emotional support to healthcare professionals (HCPs).
Essential Functions of the Job
- Supervise day to day activities of the USTP team and all aspects related to the management of the team including but not limited to; directing or assigning work, training, appraising performance, and addressing or resolving staff issues that may arise.
- Participate in the interviewing and hiring process for any new ESS Specialists on the team
- Discuss escalated issues with the Director of Employee Support Services to develop resolutions and provide the USTP team with feedback and direction
- Lead, attend and/or participate in meetings with other team members and departments as necessary
- Consistently evaluate program effectiveness and develop initiatives to continuously improve the Cultural Transitions Program
- Identify and work with the Director of Employee Support Services to resolve issues that arise during the Cultural Transitions program or during trips
- Communicate and work with all healthcare professionals regarding social and cultural transitions to the US including but not limited to; International HCPs, US HCPs, and relocations.
- Supervise the ESS Specialists with one-on-ones with HCPs to help with all identified needs to ensure a successful transition
- Assist the ESS Specialists with providing logistical and emotional support during to HCPs during the Cultural Transitions Program
- Assign HCPs to ESS Specialists within ABMS
- Create and update Group Split– assign to Admin Support when needed
- Monitor ABMS Tasks and Transitions Workflow fields accordingly for assigned HCPs
- Review surveys and work with Director of Cultural Transitions to provide feedback for TS or program development.
- Travel with HCPs to assignment location, assist in apartment set up, meet and greet with client, HCP vehicle purchase or rental pick up, and city orientation
- Run reports on a regular or ad hoc basis to the Director of Employee Support Services as needed
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This role requires availability outside of normal business hours, as needed, for effective operation of the business.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in communications, psychology/counseling, business administration, or related degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in counseling, customer service, or business fields required
- Experience working/living outside the U.S. preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with people from other cultures and diverse backgrounds
- Ability to build strong relationships and mentor others on a team effectively
- Ability to quickly identify, adapt and apply critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and electronic database management
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification, or ability to obtain
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.