English Program Instructor
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Avant English Program
Reports to: English Program Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the English Program Manager, the English Program Instructor is responsible for delivering high quality English education and assessment. Providing guidance and feedback to International Healthcare Professionals. The instructor is to help them enhance their English skills to achieve required scores on English Proficiency Exams, i.e., IELTS, TOEFL, etc. within set time frames. The English Program Instructor is also responsible for enhancing overall English communication skills for healthcare providers to be successful on assignment in the US. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in teaching and communicating, must be highly motivated to develop the English language, be dedicated, enthusiastic and result oriented.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Teach in all areas of the English language in preparation for English Proficiency Exams, including listening, reading, and writing, and speaking to ensure compliance with US Immigration for Visascreen certification and Board requirements.
- Responsible for enhancing overall English communication skills for healthcare providers to be successful on assignment in the US in collaboration with other Avant departments, Clinical, Client Services, Recruitment, etc.
- Develop curriculum for the Healthcare Professionals in the Avant English program.
- Accurately assess Healthcare Professions for English level placements.
- Manage the students – prepares and delivers lessons to the students while monitoring their progress
- Conduct regular progress reviews and provide individual feedback for growth and development to the students with the purpose of enhancing their English skills
- Prepare and deliver progress reports, all records of work done, and formative assessment results within given time frames as needed
- Educate the students on fundamentals of grammar
- Assist with accent reduction curriculum and programs
- Submit updated reports to Manager, as needed
- Ability to learn and assimilate new and varied information quickly and efficiently
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Represent the Avant Healthcare program in a professional manner
- Hold direct and continuous telephonic, video and e-mail communication with the nurses
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in English, education or any other related field
- 5-7 years’ experience as an English teacher with a strong education or academics background preferred
- CELTA certification preferred
- Academic IELTS prep experience is highly desired
- In-depth knowledge of English grammar, oral and written expression, pronunciation
- Experience with Accent Reduction preferred
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Adobe, and data-entry experience
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification, or ability to obtain
- Must have a valid passport, or be able to obtain a passport to complete international travel on a regular basis
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.