English Program Specialist
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Avant English Program
Reports to: English Program Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The English Program Specialist is responsible for monitoring the timely progress of our Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), in the Avant English Program (AEP) as they prepare for the IELTS, TOEFL iBT, OET, and other English exams required to move forward in the Avant process. This role will also be responsible for promoting positive student engagement by ensuring all HCPs in the AEP are studying to achieve passing English testscores. The English Program Specialist will communicate regularly regarding the HCP’s progress via email or phone to the HCP, IELTS Instructors, Managers and other departments as needed.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Track and coordinate study plans with HCPs to ensure that they remain on track and compliant within the requirements of the AEP
- Follow the escalation process for any HCPs who are unresponsive and non-compliant within the AEP, and refer them to the Manager for a potential program termination
- Ensure HCPs schedule their English exam in a timely manner and deadlines are met, within the requirements of the Avant program, VisaScreen, and the immigration process
- Oversee any independent English study programs that may be implemented to ensure HCPs are on track in their progress, and proactively referring any concerns to the IELTS Instructors or manager
- Update and maintain Avant databases to ensure all applicable HCP records and reports are accurate
- Uphold the AEP attendance policy by scheduling initial assessments, coaching sessions, and webinars with the IELTS Instructors and uploading the HCP’s attendance records to an internal database
- Speak with HCPs in the AEP regularly to encourage, motivate and discuss their progress towards the goal of English proficiency and passing of their English exams
- Coordinate with Avant staff in the Manila (Philippines) office regarding study schedules and participate in 1:1 meetings at a mutually agreeable time
- Assess the needs of each HCP through various stages of their progress in the AEP to determine the next steps for their English study development
- Assess and propose solutions to the manager if needed to scale the department to the needs of the organization and the volume of students
- Coordinate payments through internal systems for all English exam related costs and ensure any receipts and records of payment are inputted to meet month end accounting deadline
- Represent Avant in a professional manner by building rapport and trust with HCPs throughout their progress in the AEP and Avant process
- Support clear lines of communication by providing updated information to other departments and team members as required
- Update and submit reports to manager as needed
- Attend and participate in meetings with other team members and departments
- Assist with any departmental administrative duties as needed
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of an Associate degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of at least 3 years of customer service or administrative related experience
- Prior experience mentoring or tutoring students preferred
- Ability to effectively assess the individual study needs of students in the program
- Excellent communication skills with people from other cultures and diverse backgrounds
- Proactively identifies areas of concern and understands what issues need to be escalated to management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products Adobe, and electronic database management.
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.