Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: EVP of Finance & Strategic Operations
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the EVP of Finance & Strategic Operations, this position provides high quality/level administrative support to the EVP of Finance & Strategic Operations, SVP of Sales & Marketing, and VP of IT. Duties will include filing, scheduling, assisting with expense reporting, preparing PowerPoint and other presentation materials, tracking and reporting on key metrics, coordination of meetings and conferences, coordinating direct mailings, helping with travel arrangements, and working on special projects as assigned. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload, while recommending changes in office practices or procedures
Essential Functions of the Job
- Manage calendars for all designated executives and responsible for all scheduling functions including but not limited to, sending and responding to meeting appointments, coordinating schedule availabilities with internal and external individuals, and staying apprised of availabilities and upcoming out of office schedules.
- Perform routine administrative assistant duties including but not limited to; opening/distributing physical mail to designated executives and teams, drafting emails or letters, answering phone calls, taking messages, and acting as the first point-of-contact for the designated executive.
- Act as a project manager for special projects at the request of the executive, which may include tasks not limited to; planning and coordinating presentations or travel, disseminating company-wide information, and coordinating with employees from other teams or third-party vendors.
- Manage specialized supply inventory for designated executives by organizing, taking stock of, and making replenishment orders as needed.
- Responsible for document management of financial related company contracts with external vendors, ensuring they are filed, scanned, updated, and secured.
- Assist the VP of IT with tracking software contracts, and the review of IT software proposals by conducting independent research, gathering information, and presenting findings.
- Coordinate any off-site business-related activities for the SVP of Sales & Marketing including but not limited to, travel arrangements, conferences, trade show registrations, and other trip logistics.
- Organize and manage logistics for business events, but not limited to; meetings, travel, conferences, any department-wide gatherings/functions for designated executives and their respective teams.
- Expense(s) reconciliation for designated executives through internal payment systems by weekly or monthly accounting deadlines.
- Create and develop visual presentations and professional communications including but not limited to; charts, graphs, memos, and more as requested using various software, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Coordinate with the other Executive Assistants to provide backup coverage to other executives. Provide reception coverage on a rotational basis, and/or as requested.
- Run weekly/monthly reports ad hoc and prepare findings as needed or requested.
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field desirable; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an executive/administrative role required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience directly supporting C-Suite level executives preferred.
- Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment; i.e.: fax/copy machines, binding machines, postage machines, etc.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office 365 Suite, advanced level with Outlook, Adobe, and virtual meeting platforms (i.e.: GoToMeeting, Zoom, Teams).
- Experience with shipping via USPS and UPS.
- Proficient with data entry and electronic database management.
- Ability to work independently and deliver high quality work with strict deadlines.
- High degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with employees at all levels of the company.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities at once.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification, or ability to obtain.
- Must have an unexpired Notary license, or ability to attain within six months of employment.
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation.
- Performs repetitive routine tasks.
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress.
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards.
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day.
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required.
- Must relay information orally.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.