Facilities Support Manager
Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: Senior Facilities Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Senior Facilities Manager, the Facilities Support Manager is responsible for supervising and managing the day-to-day functions and operations of the Facilities Support Team. This role handles various tasks related to facility maintenance, warehouse operations, and overseeing the needs of the corporate apartments for our incoming healthcare professionals (HCPs), ensuring projects are completed to the standards of the organization. The Facilities Support Manager is responsible for maintaining quality of service, managing preventative maintenance, responding to requests and outages, and participating in and implementing in the creation of housing rules, and assisting in emergency preparedness.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Guide the development of the Facilities Support team to ensure general and detailed maintenance and minor repairs to the building office spaces are completed as required
- Coordinate the staffing, training, and scheduling, in the department to ensure appropriate staffing to maintain safe and efficient operations
- Oversee the work of contracted service vendors to ensure preventative maintenance and contractual compliance; report any on-going concerns to Senior Facilities Manager
- Identify, analyze, and resolve clear blockers, and clearly communicate work to ensure Facility Support team and vendors can work quickly and effectively within designated timeframes, standards, and/or budget constraints
- Manage established repair/maintenance programs and work schedule for all operational aspects of the corporate offices, warehouse, and apartments
- Supervise set-up of company events and meetings, and prepare facilities for corporate visitors
- Manage work orders submitted of building and apartment units through the company platforms, to ensure traceability and manage to completion in a timely manner
- Respond to apartment and tenant needs and be available as an essential staff member in emergency situations, including hurricane and tornado threats
- Provide instructions during Welcome Lecture for Apartment Rules and Expectations to be sure HCPs remain compliant
- Lead property management initiatives and conduct weekly inspection of approximately 20 apartment units to monitor cleanliness and maintenance
- Maintain security of office keys at all locations and apartment keypads, troubleshooting any issues that may arise
- Oversee internal apartment communications to HCPs
- Coordinate apartment assignments for all incoming HCPs with the Logistics team
- Assist and implement with the creation of Housing rules in accordance with company policies, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations
- Facilitate tenant move in and out procedures
- Communicate with internal teams on status of apartments as required
- Manage the coordination of apartment units, including utilities, case goods, and supplies
- Provide administrative backup and support to Facilities Support Team for security access systems, as needed
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job, including rotational weekends and holidays.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High School Diploma, Associate degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum 5 years related experience in maintenance
- Minimum of 2 years of managerial experience
- OSHA 10-hour certification required; OSHA 30-hour certification preferred
- Ability to problem solve under light supervision while managing many details
- Ability to handle and respond to emergency situations
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment using tact and discretion
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and collaborate with at all levels of management, as well as outside vendors and clients
- Ability to work within a team, as well as independently
- Intermediate MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification and ability to obtain and maintain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 40 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.