Facilities Support Specialist
Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: Office Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Office Manager, the Facilities Support Specialist works as part of a team to coordinate various tasks related to office maintenance and vendor management. This position is responsible for a variety of roles and requires adapting to changing requirements. Due to the collaborative nature of this environment, this role requires the ability to seek out and resolve issues through close interaction with other team members, with other departments within the company, and with outside vendors. This role requires significant experience supporting and working within an office environment and must be able to perform a variety of administrative tasks and work independently with little or no supervision. Strong organization skills, flexibility, time management and ability to work extended hours are essential to fulfill all responsibilities. This position also provides administrative backup and support to the receptionist when needed.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Schedule and respond to preventative and urgent office maintenance requests, working with urgency to ensure minimal interruption to operations
- Interact with tradesmen, contractors, and vendors to coordinate and direct maintenance, repair, and installation of facilities support equipment such as electrical repairs, furniture repairs,
- Coordinate and supervise facilities projects to ensure vendors meet Avant standards while delivering promised services, materials, and craftsmanship
- Create and review work orders submitted to building management to ensure traceability and manage to completion
- Anticipate, clear blockers, and clearly communicate work so technicians can work quickly and effectively
- Respond to requests for furniture moves, office relocations, and coordinating keys
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Assist in maintaining all office exterior secured access doors, ensuring door systems are operational, and maintenance and repairs are scheduled.
- Participate in coordination and set-up of company events and preparing office for corporate visitors
- Back-up reception coverage as needed to meet and greet visitors, vendors, tradesmen, and accept packages
- Flexibility to work as needed before/after hours, weekends and holidays
- Carry out small projects to completion and any other duties as assigned by the Office Manager
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other clerical or operational duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position and core hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The position requires the individual to be in the office during normal working hours and potentially after hours and on weekends as scheduled.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of a High School Diploma, Associate degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Ability to problem solve under light supervision while managing many details
- Ability to handle emergency situations and communicate results in a succinct and clear verbal or written manner
- Ability to prioritize projects within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment using tact and discretion
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and collaborate with at all levels of management, as well as outside vendors and clients
- Organizational skills keeping track of multiple tasks through to completion
- Professional appearance and manner
- Ability to work within a team, as well as independently
- Intermediate MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
Other Characteristics of the Position:
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 25 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain the security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required