Field HR Generalist I
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Field Human Resources
Reports to: Field HR Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Field HR Manager, the Field HR Generalist I provides professional support in the implementation and administration of broad range of human resources functions or programs within the Field unit. This position exists primarily to administer HR compliance programs in the areas of policies, procedures, records retention, I-9 verifications, amongst other, as well as other HR daily processes. Core job duties are time sensitive and highly confidential. This position will also assist in general HR and administrative responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Administer HR processes and provide educational and technical support to HCPs and managers as needed.
- Act as a business partner to the departments assigned and escalate any tier 2-3 issues as needed.
- Responsible for compliance with I-9 employment verification program at Avant, by abiding to IMAGE guidelines, for the Field employees.
- Explain policies and procedures to the Field employees and assigned managers with guidance from HR Management.
- Document and update Field HR guidelines and procedures as required.
- Operate HR systems and maintain confidential and employment related data; develop data reports and metrics on a variety of Field HR issues.
- Assist in developing communications, education and information strategies that maximize employee understanding of HR policies, programs, services, and culture.
- Partner with other team members to ensure continuous improvement within all department processes.
- Respond to and resolve employee relations issues and concerns in junction with the HR Management team.
- Provide training on HR practices to the Field employee team as needed.
- Monitor and review Field employee performance processes.
- Monitor and audit internal programs, produce written reports identifying improper procedures or documentation, research issues, and make recommendations to improve policies and procedures.
- Stay up to date on laws and regulations to maintain a good working knowledge and understanding of Multi State and Federal guidelines.
- Act as a business partner to managers and executives with proper direction from the HR Management team.
- Able to contribute to the attainment of specific departmental and company goals and results.
- Assist other members of the Field HR team as needed.
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Assist and/or administer a variety of support duties within HR and benefits including, but not limited to, leading lectures, office clerical duties, responding to various issues, and generating monthly and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Create and maintain department SOPs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or equivalent field of study required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of solid general HR experience, including employee relations, preferred.
- PHR/SHRM-CP preferred.
- Demonstrated evidence of knowledge in employment law, compensation, and employee relations.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Intermediate competency with database management and other HRIS software required.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft environment (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Pro/FoxIT)
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation.
- Performs repetitive routine tasks.
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress.
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards.
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day.
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required.
- Must relay information orally.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.