Global Growth Intern
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Global Growth
Reports to: Global Growth Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international clinicians achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers opportunities for leadership roles, ongoing education and comprehensive professional development to all employees.
Summary of Position
Under the supervision of the Global Growth Manager, the Global Growth Intern will provide administrative support to the Global Growth Team with all administrative aspects of Global Growth projects. This role will be in direct communication with HCPs both interested in and actively on the Avant program. The Global Growth Intern will be involved with the team in ensuring key metrics and KPI’s are met in relation to new and existing markets, trips and recruitment events, agent referrals, and Avant sponsored English programs. The Global Growth Intern will also be responsible for nurturing international leads with the goal of conversion to employment with Avant Healthcare.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Communicate with HCPs using various modes and communication platforms such as WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber, Zoom, Facebook Messenger, etc.
- Coordinate overseas recruitment trips in collaboration with Global Growth Manager
- Coordinate and participate in virtual trips and webinars in collaboration with Global Growth Manager
- Assist with recruitment activities and utilizing systems such as Mailchimp, HubSpot, GotoWebinar and various Social Media platforms
- Update Avant Database and all applicable candidate records and reports
- Translate incoming and outgoing communications with HCPs under the supervision of the Global Growth Manager
- Complete phone screens with HCPs from new markets against the Avant criteria under guidance of the Global Growth Manager
- Maintain high quality, timely and accurate records for HCPs during the recruitment process
- Prepare packages for shipping and maintain accurate tracking records
- Monitor general emails going to the Recruitment inbox and directing information to the appropriate team member
- Prepare and submit weekly reports and updates as needed
- Assist with the coordination of Avant overseas offices and other agencies in regard to securing travel document requirements
- Handle incoming calls to the Recruitment or Global Growth Department and ensure calls are directed appropriately
- Educate HCPs interested in the Avant program regarding the general program requirements, process, and program benefits
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a part-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Work outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of a High School Diploma, or equivalent, is required and must be enrolled or attending a college or undergraduate program
- Minimum of 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual – English and Spanish or Portuguese required
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification, or ability to obtain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Travel may be required
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required