Location: Maitland, FL
Department: Corporate HR
Reports to: HR Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international clinicians achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers opportunities for leadership roles, ongoing education, and comprehensive professional development to all employees.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The HCMS Analyst will help design, develop and deliver HR technology solutions to the organization, partnering and providing support where development is required, and ensure seamless workflow of HR business processes. The HCMS Analyst acts as the subject matter expert for all core HR systems and is responsible for the proper operation of HR technology solutions. This role must understand the full scope of HR systems and interfaces to ensure that data flows appropriately among all HR systems, and be comfortable engaging in cross-functional collaboration to determine the analytics needs of the business.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Understand the full scope of HR systems and interfaces to ensure that data flows appropriately among all HR systems.
- Act as the HCM subject-matter expert and functional lead on technology-based projects that require collaboration with multiple departments within the organization
- Act as the primary point of contact to resolve technical and escalated issues affecting HR systems, researching and reporting on all problems, corrections, and changes
- Resolve HR, employee, and manager system questions, issues, and requests related to current HR systems
- Develop and configure core HCM ensuring appropriate functional configuration, suggesting modifications to create efficiencies/automations in business processes
- Maintain the organizational business structure in the HRIS and facilitate any required changes or moves, collaborating with internal departments as necessary
- Monitor internal integrations from HCM to WFM, addressing any file errors, and researching escalated issues that cannot easily be resolved
- Identify and design workflows of business processes within the company’s HCM modules and recommend changes in methods to improve specifically the effectiveness of HCM capabilities
- Facilitate conversations regarding integrations set-up from various benefits carriers and other vendors
- Leverage various business information tools and possess a working knowledge of advanced reporting environments
- Develop queries, reports, and dashboards used for data reporting to support various internal departments and functions
- Administer HR security policies in accessing, securing and protecting confidential and sensitive information including the monitoring of access.
- Maintain the organizational knowledge base of HCM based on user needs and assist in the creation of training documentation for end-users
- Work independently on multiple projects simultaneously and track and report progress on projects as required
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field required; or equivalent combination of education and HRIS experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of in-depth hands-on relational database, configuration, reporting, and HRIS system implementation experience required
- Experience with UKG Pro HCM required
- Experience with HRIS BI tools and ability to build/write report queries required
- Experience with Workday preferred
- High-power user of Microsoft Excel for advanced reporting and analysis, able to conduct pivot tables, VLOOKUP, data formulas, and other complex functions
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong working knowledge of problem solving, root cause analysis, and associated solutions implementation and deployment
- Strong understanding of HCM database design, structure, function and processes, and experience with database tools
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to quickly learn and synthesize new technologies with existing technologies
- Ability to independently handle multiple priorities to meet strict deadlines with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment while being proactive, and communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of employees
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.