HR Business Partner
Location: Maitland, FL
Department: Corporate HR
Reports to: HR Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Act as a liaison between the Corporate HR team and/or supporting HR teams and the assigned department area, providing support or recommendations as applicable to the issue at hand
- Facilitate employee relations issues or investigations for assigned department areas, and provide recommendations for next steps to department leaders an HR Manager and/or AVP of Human Resources
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to leaders (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, etc.)
- Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with managers of assigned department areas to go over a variety of HR related topics, trends, and analytics including but not limited to: budget planning, headcount needs, team goal setting, succession planning, policy interpretation, and more
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual leadership coaching needs.
- Partner with the Organizational Development team in the training and development of managers and associates, working directly with them to provide ongoing support and resources.
- Collaborate with leaders on department projects such as career ladder and department planning sessions, providing guidance as needed to the HR Generalists on tasks such as job description creation/updates and system updates.
- Develop and analyze HR metrics and provide actionable suggestions that can be shared with department leaders to create future goals and accountability.
- Provide updates to HR Manager and/or AVP of Human Resources on assigned department areas to help identify any organization-wide concerns or recommendations on HR process/program improvements.
- Provide education and guidance to the HR Generalists and HR Operations Specialists on inquires related to complex issues or policy interpretation.
- Effectively develops and delivers communication—in written and oral form—with others to meet shared objectives
- Demonstrates an understanding of, and ability to, effectively execute on the necessary knowledge and skills specific to an assigned role/position
- Actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions; gets along and interacts positively with team members and others
- Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Creates new and better ways for the organization to be effective/successful
- Gets optimum results from situations; self-monitors and self-corrects work for avoidable errors and problems; consistently achieves results—even under tough circumstances
- Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently; rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations; follows through to get the job done
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Buisness Administration required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources including employee relations
- Minimum 1 year of procedural management or supervisory experience preferred
- PHR/SHRM-CP required
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification and ability to obtain and maintain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.