Location: Maitland, FL
Department: Field HR
Reports to: VP of HR
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international clinicians achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers opportunities for leadership roles, ongoing education, and comprehensive professional development to all employees.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Human Resources -Clinician Services team handles employee relations, assists with payroll/benefits questions, and facilitates training for all active clinicians on assignment. This team conducts investigations in conjunction with the client facility/location if there is an incident at the worksite, and assists in pre-empting potential contract breaches.
The HR Generalist position provides professional support in the design, implementation, and administration of broad range of human resources functions or programs within the team. This position exists primarily to administer and oversee HR compliance in the areas of policies, procedures, records retention, and I-9 verifications, amongst other, as well as other HR daily processes. Core job duties are time sensitive and highly confidential. This position will also assist in general HR and administrative responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Administer HR processes and provide educational and technical support to employees and/or managers as needed.
- Assist in monitoring and responding to the HR inbox and escalate any tier 2-3 issues as needed.
- Maintain compliance with I-9 employment verification program at Avant, by abiding to IMAGE guidelines, for employees. Explain policies and procedures to employees and/or managers with minimal guidance.
- Document and update department guidelines and procedures as required.
- OperateHR systems and maintain confidential and employment related data; develop data reports and metrics on a variety of HR issues.
- Assist in developing communications, education and information strategies that maximize employee understanding of HR policies, programs, services, and culture.
- Partner with other team members to ensure continuous improvement within all department processes.
- Respond to and resolve employee relations issues and concerns in conjunction with the HR Leadership team.
- Monitor and audit internal programs, produce written reports identifying improper procedures or documentation, research issues, and escalate to HR Leadership if needed.
- Stay up to date on laws and regulations to maintain a good working knowledge and understanding of Multi State and Federal guidelines.
- Contribute to the attainment of specific deparmental and company goals and results.
- Assist and/or administer a variety of support duties within HR and benefits including, but not limited to, leading lectures, office clerical duties, responding to various issues, and generating monthly and ad-hoc reports as required
- Assist other members of the department as needed.
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business, or equivalent field of study required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 yeras of general HR experience, including employee relations, required
- PHR/SHRM-CP preferred
- Demonstrated evidence of knowledge in employment law, compensation, and employee relations
- Ability to interact effectively with executive and other leadership positions
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and tiem management skills
- Intermediate competency with database management and other HRIS software required
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft environment (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Pro/FoxIT)
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification and ability to obtain and maintain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation.
- Performs repetitive routine tasks.
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress.
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards.
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day.
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required.
- Must relay information orally.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.