Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Corporate Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The HR Generalist supports the Corporate HR team by providing professional support in the implementation and administration of a broad range of human resources functions or programs within the corporate unit. This position serves as a human resources consultant to corporate management and staff to provide guidance on best practices and strategies. The HR Generalist will assist managers in making decisions relating to human resources such as performance management and employee engagement. Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are needed, as the HR Generalist will have to work with upper management and staff members. Core job duties are time sensitive and highly confidential.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Assist in the administration of compliance programs for the organization
- Administer HR processes and provide educational and technical support to employees and managers as needed
- Act as a business partner to the departments assigned and escalate any tier 2-3 issues as needed
- Ensure compliance and consistency on all pre-hire requirements, promotions, transfers, separations, etc.
- Responsible for compliance with I-9 employment verification program at Avant, by abiding to IMAGE guidelines, for corporate and on-the-field employees
- Ensure a seamless the new hire onboarding process by working with the HR coordinator and all other departments involved
- Own all employee engagement activities, which involve new hires and current employees, including but not limited to onboarding, orientation, performance reviews, and lead all presentations
- Explain policies and procedures to new employees and assigned managers with guidance from HR Management
- Document and update internal corporate-HR guidelines and procedures as required
- Operate HR systems and maintain confidential and employment related data; develop data reports and metrics on a variety of HR issues
- Assist in developing communications, education and information strategies that maximize employee understanding of HR policies, programs, services and culture
- Partner with other team members to ensure continuous improvement within all department processes
- Respond to and resolve employee relations issues and concerns in junction with the HR Management team
- Provide training on HR practices to the corporate team as needed
- Monitor and review employee performance processes
- Monitor and audit internal programs, produce written reports identifying improper procedures or documentation, research issues, and make recommendations to improve policies and procedures
- Stay up to date on laws and regulations to maintain a good working knowledge and understanding of State and Federal guidelines
- Act as a business partner to managers and executives with proper direction from the HR Management team
- Able to contribute to the attainment of specific departmental and company goals and results
- Assist other members of the HR team as needed
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Assist and/or administer a variety of support duties within HR and benefits including, but not limited to, leading lectures, office clerical duties, responding to various issues, and generating monthly and ad-hoc reports as required
- Create and maintain department SOPs
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or equivalent field of study required
- Minimum of 1-3 years of solid general HR experience, including employee relations, required
- PHR/SHRM-CP preferred
- Demonstrated evidence of knowledge in employment law, compensation, and employee relations
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Intermediate competency with database management and other HRIS software required
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft environment (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Pro/FoxIT)
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification, or ability to obtain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.