Location: Casselberry, Florida
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: VP HR & Compliance
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the VPHR & Compliance, the HR Generalist provides professional support and expertise in the design, implementation, and administration of broad range of human resources functions or programs within the corporate unit. This position exists primarily to ensure HR compliance in the areas of policies, procedures, records retention, I-9 employment eligibility verification, E-verify, and background screening/testing process. Core job duties are time sensitive and highly confidential. Along with HR Compliance responsibilities, this position will assist in general HR and administrative responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Assist in the development and implementation of compliance programs for the organization.
- Ensure compliance and consistency on all pre-hire requirements including, but not limited to, applicant tracking for Affirmative Action, background screening, drug testing, etc.
- Responsible for adherence and compliance with I-9, IMAGE program, E-verify processes.
- Responsible for updating the IMAGE program employer manual and managing the employment eligibility verification process and E-Verify, for corporate and on-the-field employees, to guarantee 100% compliance with I-9 guidelines
- Oversee the new hire onboarding process for new employees
- Explain policies and procedures to new employees
- Operate HR systems and maintain confidential and employment related data; develop data reports and metrics on a variety of HR issues.
- Assist in developing communications, education and information strategies that maximize employee understanding of HR policies, programs, services and culture and act as a catalyst for continuous improvement.
- Respond to and resolve employee relations issues and concerns as needed
- Provide training on HR practices to the corporate team as needed
- Monitor and review employee performance processes with all evaluations
- Monitor and audit internal programs, produce written reports identifying improper procedures or documentation, research issues, and make recommendations to improve policies and procedures to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines
- Stay up to date on human resources laws and regulations to maintain a good working knowledge and understanding of State and Federal guidelines, including but not limited to, Affirmative Action Plans (AAP), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Department of Labor (DOL), Federal Civil Rights Laws, etc.
- Attend various meetings as applicable to the position’s duties and responsibilities
- Able to contribute to the attainment of specific departmental and company goals and results
- Assist other members of the HR team as needed
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Coordinate and update HR intranet site and post policies in appropriate locations for the company
- Assist and/or administer a variety of support duties including, but not limited to, backup payroll support, office clerical duties, responding to HR issues, and generating monthly and ad-hoc reports as required
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
- This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or equivalent field of study
- Minimum of five years of progressive HR Experience
- PHR/SHRM-CP preferred
- Demonstrated evidence of knowledge in employment law, compensation, and employee relations
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Intermediate competency with database management and other HRIS software required
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft environment (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Pro/FoxIT)
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Physical Demands:
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Mental Demands:
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.