Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: HR Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The HRIS Analyst's role is to define, configure, test, analyze and deliver HR technology solutions and to partner with the IT department where development is required, and other internal departments or third-party vendors to ensure a seamless workflow of business processes. The HRIS Analyst is the expert for all core HR systems and is responsible for the operation of Avant’s HR technology solutions (Kronos, Quickbase, etc.). This would include understanding of business area processes and configuration of the systems. The HRIS Analyst also researches, designs, documents and modifies solutions to help simplify current processes within all the department’s functional areas. This role is responsible for data integrity, security, reporting and meeting overall business goals by performing complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for processes or managing small projects or systems. The HRIS Analyst may serve as Project Manager for HR-related projects and will be required to work with Leadership to identify and status project requirements, team resources, deliverables, phases, milestones, risks, issues, and the project budget.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Identify opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes within the company’s HRIS modules and Recommend ongoing changes in methods, procedures or policies to improve specifically the effectiveness of HRIS capabilities
- Provide training and technical guidance to other company staff, where appropriate
- Participate in setting department operating plans
- Configure core HRIS systems ensuring appropriate functional configuration. Work closely with the IT team to plan and development requirements for data management and effective user interfaces.
- Partner with IT team to assess application errors and data problems to ensure proper support.
- Partner with the HR and IT teams to ensuring compliance with operational and regulatory requirements through the review, testing and implementation of upgrades, or enhancements
- Work with IT to test integration of systems and interfaces to operate seamlessly.
- Administer HR security policies in accessing, securing and protecting confidential and sensitive information including the monitoring of access.
- Ensure security is provisioned appropriately and timely based on roles for assigned HR applications
- Manage HRIS reporting to ensure data meets business needs
- Manage audits and validate HR data to ensure accuracy, facilitating both proactive & reactive data clean-up
- Act as HR’s primary point of contact when working with the IT team to resolve technical issues affecting HR systems (Kronos, Quick Base, etc.)
- Research, investigate and report on all problems, corrections, and changes related to inquiries and escalations
- Partner with IT and other subject matter experts to review procedures and processes and provide recommendations that will streamline Payroll/HR processes while complying with company policies and governmental regulations
- Demonstrate functional expertise in assigned areas and work directly with IT and user communities as needed
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders in order to foster trust and influence key decisions.
- Track and report progress on projects to the leadership team within HR and other departments as required
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Create and maintain department SOP’s
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This employee may work more than 40 hours weekly to fulfill the duties of the position.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in HR Management, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and HRIS experience required.
- Business Analysis and / or Project Management certification highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Human Resources Information Technology configuration and data reporting required.
- Experience working with complex process workflows and databases (Kronos WFD (HCM/WFM/TA) and QuickBase experience highly desirable.
- Vendor management experience.
- Strong understanding of client data configuration and security administration, with high degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive information.
- Deep understanding of business process redesign principles, tools, and techniques.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office 365 suit and third-party payroll applications or HCM systems
- Experience with project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of organizational change management and risk mitigation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- IT/HRIS and Global Data Privacy knowledge.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.