Immigration Administrative Assistant
Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: Immigration Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Immigration Assistant will provide administrative support to Immigration Specialists with all administrative aspects of immigration and visa process for Registered Nurses, Physical and Occupational Therapists working through the Avant process.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Prepare, copy and scan documents to formulate the visa petitions to be filed
- Update QuickBase and all applicable candidate records and reports as required
- Prepare packages for shipping and maintain accurate tracking records for the department
- Under direction request payments for processing and update Avant’s expense tracking system
- Coordinate information and documents under the direction of the Immigration Specialists and communicate directly with HCPs (Healthcare Professionals) as needed
- Update documents to meet department of labor requirements for immigrant and non-immigrant visas.
- Coordinate additional processes that are integral to the immigration process including but not limited to VisaScreen and English Competency test scheduling
- Assist in ensuring all immigration filing deadlines are met
- Represent the Avant Healthcare program in a professional manner by building rapport and trust with applicants as they process with Avant
- Submit update reports to Manager as required
- Attend and participate in meetings with other team members and departments to communicate updated and relevant information as required
- Administrative duties and recordkeeping – database, reports
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Supports other departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position and core hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Minimum of a High School diploma; Associate degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience or training in a relevant field
- At least 1-2 years of administrative experience in an office environment
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Travel may be required
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required