Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: IT Support Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The IT Coordinator is responsible for assisting the IT Support department in troubleshooting user hardware and basic software problems, while setting up and provisioning new computers and phones as necessary. This role will also be responsible for maintaining the department inventory to ensure company assets are assigned as needed.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Monitor IT ticket requests, resolve Tier 1 & 2 software and hardware issues, escalating and assigning the remaining tickets appropriately
- Help manage day to day internal support and maintenance of applications, computers, mobile phones, printers, and related equipment escalating to Specialist and IT support Manager for more complex issues
- Complete setup of any new or updated office technology equipment
- Provide technical advice, guidance and informal training to customers using company provided hardware and software applications.
- Troubleshoot and restore service by analyzing, identifying, and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established processes and procedures
- Perform root cause analysis and develop checklists for typical problems
- Recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention
- Assist Specialist oversee/enforce the Information Security plan
- Maintain knowledge database (SOPs) to enhance quality of problem resolutions
- Maintain general administration and documentation of IT equipment and services, while maintaining stock of essential end user hardware
- Connect with hiring managers to assure the new hire checklists are completed
- Monitor software licenses to ensure compliance and escalate as needed
- Assist Specialist with special projects as needed
- Assist with the transfer of IT equipment during moves
- Attend department and team meetings as needed
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Minimum of a High School degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in IT help desk support
- Good understanding of Windows troubleshooting, and network configuration
- Strong knowledge of cloud and web-based services, HTML and web servers and web browsers.
- Must be able to work with various databases, have a basic understanding of SQL and Structured Query Language
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification or ability to obtain
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.