IT Specialist II
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: IT Support Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The IT Specialist II is responsible for internal IT technical support. This includes maintenance of PCs, printers, servers, administration of software applications, and related equipment. The IT Specialist is responsible for troubleshooting computer and application problems, documenting solutions, and setting up and provisioning new computers as necessary. In addition, the IT Specialist works on and completes IT service tickets as per established company SOPs. The IT Specialist completes IT operations and infrastructure projects while training and coaching IT Coordinators as needed.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Follow procedures to troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, maintain, and replace hardware and software
- Administer software user accounts to provision / de-provision users, and to maintain security levels
- Complete IT service tickets as per established company SOPs
- Complete IT operations and infrastructure projects
- Test hardware and software solutions prior to launch
- Maintain IT technical documentation
- Perform computer system backups and archival maintenance to properly backup, restore, retrieve, and transfer files and data between platforms
- Act as an internal customer liaison for communicating, resolving, and initiating the resolution of problems
- Train and coach IT Coordinators as needed
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Associate degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent knowledge from experience required.
- 3 years of experience in an IT Support role installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining computer hardware and software.
- Experience completing IT service tickets as per established company SOPs.
- Experience leading infrastructure projects as the technical lead.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Windows troubleshooting and network configuration.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows servers, web-based services, and web browsers.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience training and coaching less experienced members of an IT support team.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.