Licensure Administrative Assistant
Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: AVP of Licensure & Credentialing
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Under the direction of the AVP of Licensure and Credentialing, the Licensure Administrative Assistant will provide high quality administrative support to Licensure Team with all administrative aspects of the licensure and credentialing process for our Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) working through the Avant program.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Prepare return labels for international and domestic packages for shipping of documents to HCPs and third-party agencies such as State Licensure Boards and ensure tracking records are accurate.
- Assist the Licensure team in uploading any HCP related documents into the Avant databases as requested.
- Coordinate onsite and offsite fingerprinting processes for HCPs.
- Assist with tracking licensure verifications to ensure all HCPs are compliant for facility placement and Joint Commission standards.
- Assist the Licensure team with Pearson Vue account set up and exam confirmations.
- Attend 1:1 meeting with the Manager or AVP to discuss escalated issues and potential resolutions, and submit routine reports as needed
- Communicate relevant updated information to other Avant departments as needed or required to ensure a smooth transition for HCPs
- Assist with any department administrative duties such as but not limited to, sorting incoming mail, data entry, and processing payments through internal systems.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, And Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate Degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative or clerical related experience and/or training
- Prior experience working with state licensing boards preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and electronic database management.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities at once
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.