Licensure Administrative Assistant
Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: AVP of Licensure & Credentialing
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Licensing Administrator will provide high quality/level administrative support to Licensure Specialists with all administrative aspects of the licensure process for Registered Nurses, Physical and Occupational Therapists working through the Avant onboarding process, to help meet compliance requirements for employment and Joint Commission.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Track and coordinate applications through US State Licensure boards to include arranging and tracking documents from foreign schools and licensure boards, CGFNS, TOEFL, IELTS and other agencies involved in the licensure process
- Update Quickbase and all applicable candidate records and reports to always maintain accurate data
- Prepare international and domestic packages for shipping and maintain accurate tracking records
- Upload all required documents into the Avant database (ABMS)
- Coordinate onsite and offsite fingerprinting processes for Healthcare Professionals
- Complete and track licensure verification to ensure all Avant healthcare professionals are compliant for employment and meet Joint Commission standards
- Request and process payments through Avant PMS system for all licensure related costs
- Ensure all receipts and records of payment are inputted to meet weekly accounting deadlines
- Attend 1:1 meetings with Manager / AVP to discuss escalated issues, actual and potential resolutions, and provides the team with feedback and direction
- Submit updated routine reports to Manager /AVP as needed
- Communicate relevant updated information to other Avant departments as required
- Perform other administrative duties and recordkeeping – database, reports
- Represent the Avant Healthcare program in a professional manner by building rapport and trust with applicants as they go through the licensure process with Avant
- Able to contribute to the attainment of specific goals and results of the department and organization
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, And Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associate Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred
- Advanced data entry and typing skills
- Strong ability in using MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and Adobe
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities at once
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills in addition to organizational and time management skills
- Prior Nursing Board experience preferred
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.