NCLEX Education Manager
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: NCLEX Education
Reports to: Nursing Education Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The NCLEX Education Manager (NEM) is responsible for delivering and maintaining a comprehensive, engaging, results-oriented NCLEX-RN review program. This role prepares Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) to pass NCLEX with a minimum 65-75% first-time pass rate. The NEM is responsible to develop strategies to improve preparedness for sitting the NCLEX, while evaluating the effectiveness of initiatives, creating new methods to improve clinical performance, and proposing developments in curriculum to address deficiencies in subject matter areas. This role serves as a mentor and facilitator for candidates and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility. The NLCEX Education Manager conducts and monitors webinar workshops and tutorials and develops methods to coach testers to ensure they are ready to take the NCLEX and pass on their first attempt.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Act as the instructor and point of contact for NCLEX testers regarding all preparation, study, and testing related questions and issues
- Present webinars and liaise with Director of Nursing Education regarding roll out of content as needed based on trends
- Conduct 4 separate weekly webinar sessions, 2 coaching clinics and 2 question-clinic video lectures
- Conduct RN coaching calls weekly to assess students’ progress, recommend remediation, and trouble-shoot issues as needed focusing on quality connections
- Discuss practice questions with individual students and groups as appropriate
- Ensure Avant NCLEX review addresses aspects that international candidates struggle with (RN/LPN role and delegation, prioritization, test-taking skills) in conjunction with the most current NCLEX-RN test plan
- Respond to individual student emails requesting assistance or follow-up and maintain ongoing communication throughout the review with all candidates and maintain appropriate database records
- Ensure the program effectively secures a minimum first-time NCLEX pass rate of 65-75%
- Outline and deliver individualized remediation plans and coaching as appropriate for testers where issues or concerns are identified during pre-test timeframe
- Liaise with NCLEX coordinators to ensure candidates remain on track with the program and direct the coordinators with regards to feedback to testers
- Review progress with NCLEX coordinators throughout each phase of the review
- Liaise with NCLEX coordinators to ensure all appropriate schedule information and course instructions are sent out in a timely manner
- Decide on rescheduling nurses when dates are not feasible for study progress, docs, or leave
- Update internal databases when RN has progressed to a point that they are ready to be scheduled for the NCLEX and overall progress: test schedules, score trends, likelihood of meeting date projections
- Ensure projected testing timelines are adhered to by all testers and update accordingly
- Provide guidance to administrative staff regarding resets of tests in all internal Learning Management Systems (Learn Upon, etc.)
- Meet with RNs testing for NCLEX in Central FL at least 1 time before test appointment as appropriate
- Record updated notes for Licensure/NCLEX meeting each week and attend meeting as required
- Determine any potential issues that may cause a delay in the program and address as appropriate or escalate to Nursing Education Manager
- Be accountable for information presented at combined interdepartmental meetings on candidate performance
- Assess NCLEX failed applicants fully and make recommendations to leadership for next steps
- Update Nursing Education Manager of any concerns or delays in the testers’ progress
- Prepare reports as requested by Nursing Education Manager, Director of Clinical Education and Executive Leadership Team
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration required
- 3-5 years of previous experience, within the previous 7 years, as a registered nurse providing direct patient care or equivalent experience and/or education required
- 3-5 years of previous experience teaching courses related to nursing or a course which includes practice in teaching nursing or clinical education within a hospital or university setting preferred
- Leadership knowledge in the program field to cultivate a learner-centered environment
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services
- Experience with MS Office and database management to supply reports and projections
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
- Valid, clear and unrestrictive Nursing License for the State of Florida
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus Mental Demands:
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.