Nursing Operations Manager
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Clinical Nursing
Reports to: Director of Clinical Operations
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Nursing Operations Manager is responsible for managing, overseeing, and evaluating the Actives Nursing team. Managing the Clinical Nursing team includes ensuring key metrics are met consistently each month and ensuring all healthcare professionals’ issues are addressed in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Manage the Clinical Nursing team, including involvement in interviewing, hiring and training department staff; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Clinical Operations and Director of Clinical Operations, establishes and maintains strategic long-term vision for the department while evaluating key metrics and implementing positive solutions
- Communicate and interpret policies and procedures to nursing staff, and monitors staff practices and procedure implementation
- Facilitate or participate in management team meetings, daily huddles, team meetings, and offsite meetings to discuss company and departmental goals
- Participate in Actives Nursing meetings
- Collaborate with clients and all Avant departments, as needed, to ensure delivery of quality service and successful client and employment relationships
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of Clinical Nursing team personnel and assures sufficient staff levels to meet departmental goals in collaboration with the Vice President of Clinical Operations
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Clinical Operations
Normal Work Schedule
- This is a full-time position and core hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This employee may work more than 40 hours weekly to meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required
- Minimum of 10 years clinical nursing experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of direct supervision required
- Proven ability to lead and direct employees as well as develop workflow process to generate results
- Proven ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Proven ability to work through complex problems and influence outcomes where there is no direct line authority
- Proven ability to work in a matrixed environment
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification, or ability to obtain
- Active, clear, and unrestricted Registered Nurse License for the State of Florida
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.