Organizational Development Specialist
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Organizational Development
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Essential Functions of The Job
- Use gap analysis methods to help teams create tools to maximize production and identify staffing needs.
- Measure the effectiveness of training and engagement programs throughout the organization.
- Look for trends within employee behavior to identify retention best practices.
- Obtain and maintain skills inventory throughout the company to help identify training needs.
- Deliver needs assessments for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the company.
- Provide a broad range of consultative services to all employee levels regarding process improvement and talent development tools, specifically for strategy development and execution as well as planning and facilitation of employee relations efforts.
- Assist with planning and implementing training programs to improve employee relations, diversity and inclusion, and employee development.
- Design and develop online and in-person training material for all employee levels including learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides, and lesson plans.
- Consult with management on performance, organizational and leadership matters.
- Work closely with department leaders to identify process improvement initiatives and assist in change management efforts.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
Education, Training, And Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, General Business, Organization Development or other related fields is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Human Resources or other areas of business is required.
- Experienced creating training materials, including on LMS platforms is desired.
- Demonstrated evidence of knowledge and continued training in employment law, worker's compensation, FMLA, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and development.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft environment (Microsoft Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access).
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- This will be delivered by Avant during orientation week.
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Standing for long periods of time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Policy Making and/or Interpretation
- Administer Avant regulations, policies and procedures
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required