Organizational Development Specialist
Location: Maitland, FL
Department: Organizational Development
Reports to: Director of Organizational Development
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Organizational Development Specialist role works closely with the Director of OD in the following areas of the business – building relationships, goal setting, employee training and development, employee engagement, change management, and data collection and analysis. This position will have an emphasis on people and team development through coaching, live-learning and module-based training, as well as supporting department process improvement initiatives using data collection and trend analysis. This position is also responsible for the development and integration of human resource programs and associated projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
Essential Functions of The Job
With oversight from the Director of OD, the OD Specialist role will perform the following essential functions:
- Use gap analysis methods to help teams create tools to maximize production and identify staffing needs.
- Measure the effectiveness of training and engagement programs throughout the organization.
- Look for trends within employee behavior to identify retention best practices.
- Obtain and maintain skills inventory throughout the company to help identify training needs.
- Deliver needs assessments for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the company.
- Provide a broad range of consultative services to all employee levels regarding process improvement and talent development tools, specifically for strategy development and execution as well as planning and facilitation of employee relations efforts.
- Assist with planning and implementing training programs to improve employee relations, diversity and inclusion, and employee development.
- Design and develop online and in-person training material for all employee levels including learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides, and lesson plans.
- Consult with management on performance, organizational and leadership matters.
- Work closely with department leaders to identify process improvement initiatives and assist in change management efforts.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, General Business, Organization Development or other related fields is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Human Resources or other areas of business is required.
- Experienced creating training materials, including on LMS platforms is desired.
- Demonstrated evidence of knowledge and continued training in employment law, worker's compensation, FMLA, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and development.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft environment (Microsoft Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access).
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- This will be delivered by Avant during orientation week.
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Standing for long periods of time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Policy Making and/or Interpretation
- Administer Avant regulations, policies and procedures
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required