Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: HR Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing weekly timecards for a biweekly multi-state payroll for approximately 300 field employees. This role is responsible for the accurate preparation, documentation, and distribution of payroll via the payroll system. The Payroll Specialist reviews the computation of pay and ensures the company payroll policies are in accordance with the government regulations. This role responds to and resolves any inquiries from employees regarding paychecks. Other duties include cooperating with different departments to increase payroll service performance and improve upon the payroll system.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Process weekly timecards for assigned employees, including retro adjustments
- Assist in the preparation of all aspects of payroll, meeting all set deadlines
- Assure confidentiality and security of records and information
- Perform general clerical duties including copying, filing, and providing any other assistance as needed to ensure quality customer service
- Update payroll and corporate records for new hires, terminations, and all employee changes
- Prepare payroll reports as needed
- Prepare payments associated with payroll and off-cycle transactions, as requested
- Provide training on the payroll system’s employee self-service portal for all new hires
- Collaborate with other internal departments to resolve any employee time-keeping related issues
- File documents into appropriate files in a timely manner
- Accurately file and maintains all employment records
- Possess the ability to be organized and produce accurate results while meeting established deadlines even when managing multiple priorities and frequent interruptions
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written communications
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and ability to relate effectively and tactfully with all levels of the organization
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, And Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Associate degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years payroll experience required
- CPP license preferred
- Experience with handling at least a 200-employee payroll preferred
- Experience handling multi-state payroll is a plus
- Strong knowledge of tax and wage laws required
- Ability to handle confidential matters
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products and the ability to learn in-house computer software
- Extensive data entry skills, spreadsheet, and word processing proficiency required
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.