Payroll Systems Analyst I
Location: Maitland, FL
Department: Systems Support
Reports to: Director of Payroll & HRIS
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Payroll Systems Analyst I assist with defining, testing and delivery of payroll technology solutions to the payroll team while partnering with internal departments and/or third-party vendors, where development is required, to ensure a seamless workflow of business processes. This role acts as the subject matter expert for the core payroll systems and is responsible for its proper operation. The Payroll Systems Analyst I will assist in researching, designing, documenting, and modifying solutions to help simplify current processes within all the department’s functional areas. This position is responsible to ensure data integrity, security, reporting and meeting overall business goals by performing quantitative and qualitative analysis for processes or managing small to medium projects or systems.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Assist in identifying and designing workflows of business processes within the company’s internal HRIS/HCM system, and recommend changes in methods to improve specifically the effectiveness of system capabilities
- Provide ongoing assistance with the configuration of the core HRIS/HCM system, ensuring appropriate functional arrangement
- Collaborate with internal teams to troubleshoot payroll system application errors and data problems to ensure proper end user functionality
- Analyze and evaluate business requirements and ensure that hardware/software solutions meet data management and end user needs
- Assist in developing systems in-house or working with external vendors
- Work with internal departments to ensure compliance with operational and regulatory requirements through the review, testing and implementation of upgrades, or enhancements
- Collaborate with IT to test integration of systems and interfaces to operate seamlessly
- Work on and complete assigned IT tickets
- Assist in the generation and maintenance of reporting for the HRIS/HCM system as needed and improve data collection procedures
- Research and report on assigned problems, corrections, and changes related to inquiries and escalations regarding the HRIS/HCM system
- Partner with internal subject matter experts from other departments to review procedures and processes and work closely with the Director of Payroll & HRIS to provide recommendations to streamline processes while complying with company policies and governmental regulations
- Track, document, and report progress on projects as required
- Coordinate with external clients on system configuration
- Assist with training and technical guidance to other team members, where appropriate
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Associate’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in working with Human Resources Information Technology configuration and data reporting required
- FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) preferred
- Experience working with complex process workflows and databases, and multi-platform payroll systems (Kronos WFD (HCM/WFM/TA, ADP, Workday, Ulti-Pro) and QuickBase experience preferred
- Understanding of IT/HRIS Data Privacy and security administration, with high degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive information
- Understanding of business process redesign principles, tools and techniques, and project management methodologies
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to multitask multiple priorities simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Proficient MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), Adobe, and other databases
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification and ability to obtain and maintain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.