PR & Communications Specialist II
Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: Digital Marketing Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The PR & Communications Specialist II collaborates with the Business Development and Marketing team to develop and implement the company’s marketing communications and public relations strategies. This role works with internal and external clients, media, and key audiences to promote Avant Healthcare Professionals. This role is to enhance the Avant Healthcare Professional’s brand and subject matter expertise in the market.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Develop and execute marketing communications and PR strategies to establish and maintain a positive brand image.
- Generate a buzz about Avant Healthcare Professionals with external key decision makers through targeted communications and PR strategy.
- Assist in the creation of internal blogs, webinars, and white papers to drive Avant Healthcare’s thought leadership position.
- Train and develop new team members during on-boarding.
- Review and approve work provided by PR & Communications Specialist I as needed.
- Coordinate client communications, gather customer references and testimony, and seek out opportunities for further branding efforts.
- Develop and implement strategic-creative plans and tactics that promote Avant Healthcare Professionals.
- Build strong relationships with top-tier and industry media and key strategic audiences and work with them on coverage opportunities to promote Avant.
- Develop press releases, talking points, blog posts and other written content.
- Assist with planning, logistics and implementation of yearly publicity plans and tactics with SVP of Sales and Marketing and Executive Team.
sas liaison with internal partners ensuring all stakeholders are up-to-speed on appropriate publicity efforts.
- Plan and produce photo & video shoots, blog content, YouTube content and other written content
- Track spending against individual tactics, ensuring projects are delivered on time and at or under budget.
- Research relevant company and industry news to compile informative media reports.
- Distribute press releases and monitors company’s online reputation.
- Coordinate elements relating to internal and external communication initiatives and presentations.
- Assist with company newsletter editing and proofreading.
- Develop and maintain weekly project reports/summaries of public relations projects.
- Assist with maintaining departmental databases and company CRM.
- Track, collate, and maintain inventory of public relations materials.
- Answer media calls and provides basic, approved information.
- Conduct local and regional media relations for all Avant events as requested.
- Leverage internal and external research to create press opportunities for Avant brand (Daisy Awards, testimonials, etc.).
- Assist in the execution of existing and future public relations strategies to include research, and extensive writing such as media concepts, pitch angles, talking points, fact sheets, media alerts and releases.
- Track results to provide comprehensive measurement of program results and coverage.
- Monitor daily media, with team, for inclusion in daily report of news/trends and escalate any issues as needed.
- Establish and develop relationships with press.
- Build and maintain media lists.
- Conduct industry research & assist in coordinating prospect & current client webinars.
- Assist with social media accounts.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This role may be required to work additional hours that may include night and weekends to cover events and to meet other essential job functions.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications, or other applicable area of study required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in basic public relations, including media relations required
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal including proficiency in AP style writing skills, technical and creative writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of working in a fast-paced team environment
- Track record of innovation and creative thinking
- Proven understanding and use of social media and its role in business
- Understanding of social media landscapes and online reputation basics required
- Healthcare experience is preferred
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification or ability to obtain and maintain
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required
- HIPAA certification required