Pre-Arrival Licensure Specialist
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Licensure and Credentialing
Reports to: Director of Credentialing and Pre-Arrival Licensure
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Pre-Arrival Licensure Specialist II is responsible for efficiently processing routine and complex applications for Healthcare Professionals (HCP) to be licensed by exam in the United States. The assigned HCPs typically require more oversite and often have more requirements needed for processing the state board and visitor visa applications. The Pre-Arrival Licensure Specialist II will be responsible to ensure testing delays are minimal and efficiently move HCPs through the pipeline.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Process routine and complex state board applications and requirements including but not limited to fingerprint cards for assigned HCPs and ensure completed within timeframes for anticipated month of testing.
- Analyze applications to determine when an applicant’s exam registration and scheduling can be completed.
- Assist HCPs with complex visitor visas independently.
- Ensure HCPs International and US exam licenses remain active and updated in Avant database.
- Assist the Pre-Arrival Licensure team in resolving issues as they arise.
- Process Exam retest applications as needed and ensuring processing for recoverable payments are completed for accounting.
- Process applications for CGFNS certificate program to ensure HCPs are eligible to take the exam within timeframes.
- Process applications for licensure required for HCPs that have passed the licensure exam but were unable to secure a license.
- Assist in training of staff and ensure all training documentation and videos are up to date and assist in creating training materials for the team as well as HCPs.
- Maintains relationships with State Boards and third-party agencies to ensure processing is completed per their requirements to avoid delays.
- Perform research as needed for boards, visitor visa and travel.
- Ensure all documents are properly uploaded and database is accurately maintained.
- Attend and participate in meetings with team and/or management to discuss escalated issues and potential resolutions, and submit routine reports as needed
- Communicate relevant updated information to and from other Avant departments as needed or required to ensure a smooth transition for HCPs
- Assist in administrative duties for the team as needed.
- Assist in ensuring all Licensure and Credentialing timelines are met.
- Represent the Avant Healthcare program in a professional manner by building rapport and trust with applicants as they process with Avant.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Associate Degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years of related experience and/or training
- Prior experience working with state licensing boards preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and electronic database management.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities at once
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.