Quality Improvement Manager
Location: Maitland, FL
Department: Quality Improvement
Reports to: Vice President of Clinical Operations
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Quality Improvement Manager manages the overall quality improvement activities of Avant Healthcare Professionals. This role’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: data collection, management of the data, developing reports, researching, and planning quality improvement activities, developing metrics to evaluate Avant clinical programs, and assisting in regulatory reporting.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Supervise the Quality Improvement team, including involvement in interviewing, hiring and training department staff; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Research and develop quality improvement activities related to clinical nursing and clinical therapy
- Develop, maintain and manage business and analytical databases.
- Plan, develop, and manage outcomes reports related to Avant’s clinical programs for the purpose of program evaluation and planning
- Maintain current knowledge of Joint Commission regulations for Healthcare Staffing and understands the application of those regulations to Avant’s business model.
- Act as first point of contact for Joint Commission meetings and reporting and upload regulatory data to the Joint Commission website monthly, or as needed.
- Collaborate with other department and Avant colleagues to develop and manage project plans for projects that drive Avant’s strategic direction, under the supervision of the VP of Clinical Operations.
- Evaluate trends in HCP and program performance and disseminate in a logical and easily understood manner, identified trends, and proposals that come out of the data analysis, to the VP of Clinical Operations and the Clinical Division team members.
- Provide operational support to the VP of Clinical Operations related to clinical performance of HCPs and of the Avant clinical programs.
- Ability to interpret data and develop strategy to influence outcomes based upon the data
- Develop key performance metrics for the Clinical Division based upon independent analysis of outcomes and strategic planning initiatives
- Development and management of outcomes profiles for clients to drive business decisions that change or improve clinical operations at the corporate and client levels.
- Forecast outcomes based upon independent analytical interpretation of clinical and operational outcomes data
- Management of the quality program for Avant, including management of company accreditation with the Joint Commission
- Conduct statistical analysis of operational data and provide reporting based upon such analysis
- Design and conduct original research related to company operations
- Produce technical writing suitable for publication in a peer reviewed journal
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health sciences, or other related field required
- Minimum of 5-6 years of related experience required
- Minimum 1-2 years of direct supervisory experience required
- Proven ability to lead and direct employees as well as develop workflow process to generate results
- Experience working with data from diverse sources and the ability to manage projects independently.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office based applications (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience working in business intelligence databases or data management systems is preferred
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification and ability to obtain and maintain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.