Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Recruitment Operations
Reports to: Recruitment Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position
The Recruiter I is responsible for processing and communicating with direct and indirect applicant pipelines. The Recruiter I recruit, screens, and recommends applicants for the program. This role is also to develop a strong applicant pipeline to meet key performance indicators and established individual and departmental goals, while following service level agreements.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Process all direct and agent healthcare professionals’ referrals and ensure they meet the requirements of the program
- Recruit and pre-screen applicants against Avant program screening criteria and requirements and ensure pre-interview documentation (resume, screening exams, skills checklist, and others) is in place
- Schedule interviews with international candidates at a high-volume for Senior Recruiters or Clinical Assessment Managers and follow up to ensure outcome is communicated to the applicant as needed
- Respond and communicate status updates to applicants as needed
- Follow up from the return of the contract to ensure all documentation is on file before the file is transferred to the Document Control departments
- Submit updates reports to Manager as needed
- Provide ideas for recruiting plans to increase applicant pool of qualified candidates using active and passive sourcing techniques
- Generate inquiries and create ways to increase recruitment numbers of qualified applicants
- Manage activity in the applicant tracking system
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Resolve and troubleshoot any issues arising in the recruitment process
- Attend and assist with the coordination of international recruitment trips and work to secure attendees
- Attend recruitment trips as required
- Represent the Avant Healthcare program in a professional manner and build rapport and trust with applicants as they apply
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This employee may work more than 40 hours weekly to fulfill the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Associate degree is required; education in related field is preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have excellent communication and written skills
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and a fast learner
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe required
- Ability to travel internationally
- Bilingual language skills required
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
- Must have a valid passport, or be able to obtain a passport to complete international travel as required
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Works with little need for guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions
- Is free to plan work assignments and schedule to meet long-term goals and objectives
- Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions
- Performs a wide range of complex tasks
- Must independently manage a large group performing varied tasks
- Persuade or explain complex issues in person or by phone
- Withstanding moderate amounts of stress
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- International travel may be required
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required