Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Global Recruitment
Reports to: Recruitment Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position
The Recruiter I is responsible for processing and communicating with direct and indirect Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) applicants. This role screens and recommends candidates for the organization’s program. The Recruiter I will develop a strong applicant pipeline to meet key performance indicators and establish individual and departmental goals, while providing a great candidate experience.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Process all direct and indirect HCP referrals and ensure they meet the requirements of the program
- Recruit and pre-screen applicants against the organization’s screening criteria and requirements to ensure pre-interview documentation, such as resume, screening exams, skills checklist, and other items are in place
- Schedule phone and/or video interviews with HCPs at a high-volume for internal departments and follow up to ensure outcome is communicated to the applicant as needed
- Communicate status updates to applicants utilizing a variety of communication methods
- Confirm all documentation is obtained after receiving the contract to ensure the file is completed prior to transferring to the next internal department for processing
- Submit updated reports as required by the Recruitment Manager
- Provide ideas for recruiting plans to increase applicant pool of qualified candidates using active and passive sourcing techniques
- Generate inquiries to create ways of increasing recruitment numbers of qualified applicants
- Manage activity in the applicant tracking system
- Resolve and troubleshoot any issues in the recruitment process
- Attend and assist with the coordination of international recruitment trips and work to secure attendees
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This employee may work more than 40 hours weekly to fulfill the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Business, Behavioral Science, or related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum of 2 years required recruitment, administrative or related field experience
- Bilingual preferred
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask multiple priorities simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Ability to manage and foster long term relationships with applicants
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Office) and Adobe
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
- Must have a valid passport, or be able to obtain a passport to complete international travel as required
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Works with little need for guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions
- Is free to plan work assignments and schedule to meet long-term goals and objectives
- Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions
- Performs a wide range of complex tasks
- Must independently manage a large group performing varied tasks
- Persuade or explain complex issues in person or by phone
- Withstanding moderate amounts of stress
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- International travel may be required
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required