Location: Maitland, FL
Reports to: Director of Global Recruitment
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position
The Recruitment Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities and workflow of the Orlando based recruitment team focused. Managing the team includes ensuring key metrics are met consistently each month, and ensuring HCPs are effectively moving through the prescreen, screening and selection interviews, leading to offers and signed contracts in a timely manner. Assists, in conjunction with the AVP of Global Growth and Recruitment and SVP of Operations, in the development and achievement of department goals and objectives.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Supervise day to day activities of the recruitment team, including involvement in interviewing, hiring, and training department staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assess, interview, and formulate recommendations for healthcare professionals for the Avant program
- Determine offer outcomes for HCPs based on Recruitment criteria
- Escalate offers by exception and in line with the exceptions provided by leadership for example: HCPs from new markets, previous denials etc.
- Communicate performance expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Develop workflows and processes to meet KPI’s and maximize recruitment team success
- Provide solutions and ideas to support continuous improvement efforts and troubleshoot issues as needed
- Ensure key recruiting metrics are consistently met each month, as required by the Avant Executive team
- Work in conjunction with Director of Global Recruitment to create strategies to improve productivity and efficiency in all department processes and procedures
- Analyze departments’ operations to pinpoint opportunities and areas for improvement
- Assist in implementing screening and selection criteria for departmental staff in recruitment team
- Partner with key players in the planning, organization, coordination, and oversight of overseas recruitment activities
- Monitor the outcome of recruitment trips by ensuring attendees are moving through the selection process in a timely manner
- Partner with other internal departments, as needed, to ensure strong inter-departmental communication
- Create and submit reports to the Director of Global Recruitment and SVP of Operations as needed
- Attend meetings, as directed, and report on updates, concerns, issues while staying involved in seeking the best solution for all parties
- Maintain and update team documents as necessary
- Report metrics, and escalate issues at least weekly to the Director of Global Recruitment
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in team members, to provide ongoing coaching and training to enhance professional development and personal growth
- Evaluate results and provide feedback in a timely manner
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional associations
- Develop and implement the Recruitment Team’s strategic plan, goals, and objectives
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Establish and maintain SOPs for the department
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This employee may work more than 40 hours weekly to fulfill the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Required Bachelor’s degree in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years related experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of direct supervision experience
- Proven ability to lead and direct employees as well as develop workflow and process to generate results
- Proven ability to work with a team to accomplish objectives and must have a high attention to detail
- Experience in recruiting, screening, and selection of international healthcare professionals.
- Experience in pipeline management and process improvement.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
- Must have valid passport, or able to obtain a passport to complete international travel as required
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Works with little need for guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions
- Is free to plan work assignments and schedule to meet long-term goals and objectives
- Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions
- Performs a wide range of complex tasks
- Must independently manage a large group performing varied tasks
- Persuade or explain complex issues in person or by phone
- Withstanding moderate amounts of stress
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- International travel may be required
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required