Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: Controller
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Regulatory Coordinator will oversee and track company documents and ensure timely filing of our payroll, state, nursing pool licenses, and annual filings. This role will be the liaison between all departments to coordinate our filing efforts and gather all supporting documents and save them in our central state registration application (ASTR).
Essential Functions of the Job
- Scan, image, organize and maintain documents, adhering to the company's document lifecycle procedures, and archive inactive records in accordance with the record retention schedule
- Receive and process requests for information (RFIs) from employees or clients and maintain the requests via tracking logs through the internal system (ABMS), while creating new templates/fields as RFI procedures are updated
- Assist managers to develop and maintain documents such as meeting minutes, specifications, approvals, and related items
- With the instruction of the Controller, assist in training employees on record management procedures and policies, which include documentation, retention, retrieval, destruction, and disaster recovery
- Assist with file migrations and audits, and perform administrative tasks as needed
- Acquire the tax-exempt certificate for New Client verification and update ABMS client files with the document accordingly
- Assist in preparing the monthly/quarterly/annual returns and other payroll related returns as needed
- Review Avant and Arete’s payroll related returns (941, 940, W3, W2, etc.) for completeness
- Establish a payroll related database in ASTR and update as needed
- Ensure all new state registrations and payroll accounts are set up/filed timely and status is documented in ASTR
- Work with RASI (outsourced filings) to ensure annual reports are filed timely and supporting documents are uploaded in ASTR
- File all remaining annual reports that RASI is not responsible for filing
- Distribute any tax notices/issues to appropriate team and follow up to make sure resolution has been obtained
- Identify/create log of who owns each filing. Owners include but not limited to: accounting team, regulatory coordinator, payroll team, RASI, CEO, and Jackson
- Assist CEO with items needed for nursing agency licenses
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years of experience with similar administrative functions required, document control experience preferred.
- Healthcare industry licensing requirements a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and troubleshoot
- Must be computer-savvy and well-versed in Microsoft Office products
- Detail-oriented, dependable, and trustworthy since they will encounter complex and sensitive documents
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification or ability to obtain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status, or any other basis protected by applicable discrimination laws.