Talent Acquisition Specialist
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Human Resources - Talent Acquisition
Reports to: Director of Talent Acquisition
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international clinicians achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers opportunities for leadership roles, ongoing education and comprehensive professional development to all employees.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for the execution of the day-to-day talent fulfillment plans of various open requisitions. The position manages full recruiting lifecycle processes and is responsible for sourcing, assessing, interviewing, and making hiring recommendations. Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, the position will leverage passive and active methods, partners, and resources to execute against hiring plans.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Leverage organizational understanding of the business to consult with hiring managers towards the fulfillment of hiring goals
- Assist Hiring Managers in effective recruiting, resume screening, interviewing, and selecting talent who have demonstrated the required knowledge and experience to meet the needs of the organization
- Active participation in the full cycle recruiting efforts, including emphasis on the capability of assessment skills to help evaluating candidates
- Review minimum qualifications, skills, and job profiles of each position and work with hiring managers to identify and/or develop an evaluation criterion
- Provide expert level usage of selection, assessment tools and screening methodology deployed in the candidate evaluation process
- Proactively search for passive and active candidates using social media and networking resources
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through proactive market research and on-going relationship management,
- Ensure compliance with recruiting policies and process in accordance with EEOC, Federal and State laws
- Arrange management pre-interviews and formal interviews by coordinating schedules
- Drive technology, process, and teamwork to enhance the recruitment process
- Manage performance improvement processes to ensure efficiency within the recruitment process
- Proactively recruit passive talent to join Avant Healthcare Professionals
- Ensure an excellent candidate and hiring manager experience throughout the whole recruitment process
- Possess and embody our company culture and values, and establish a reputation with the business of high integrity and top performance
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Establish SOP’s for the department
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum of 3-4 years of talent acquisition experience in a corporate or staffing environment; healthcare industry preferred
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Familiarity with various sourcing tools / resources (i.e. CareerBuilder, LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.)
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Ability to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to develop recommendations and implement solutions to promote ongoing improvements to recruitment efforts based on client needs.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position:
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required