Transitions Administrative Assistant
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Cultural Transitions
Reports to: Cultural Transitions Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Transitions Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing clerical support to the Cultural Transitions Team. Duties include, but are not limited to, providing reception support, scheduling meetings, coordinating calendars, preparing correspondence, preparing reports and providing routine office support. The Transitions Administrative Assistant provides direct administrative and logistical support for the Cultural Specialists and healthcare professionals (HCPs) as needed.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Provide complex administrative support to the Cultural Transitions team in a highly confidential manner.
- Support multiple projects or tasks simultaneously while utilizing exceptional follow-up skills to ensure they are completed on time.
- Assist with HCP communications and update HCP employee profiles with confidential information to ensure all databases are kept up to date and accurate at all times.
- Prepare HCP and Department reports (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintain, manage, and distribute the Cultural Transitions Program calendars to ensure important dates and classes are scheduled and attended by HCPs.
- Submit reimbursements for HCPs.
- Present Cultural Transitions Program Lectures (in a live or virtual setting).
- Check the Team internal email box at a minimum of twice daily; distribute and respond to items according to prescribed timelines.
- Ensure lobby and classrooms are always kept organized and fully equipped with supplies.
- Perform or assist with occasional team and HCP event planning and coordinate day of activities.
- Maintain and update manual or computerized data files and records.
- Responsible for general administrative duties (data entry, copying, scanning, filing, faxing, archiving, etc.).
- Visit the corporate apartments to collect forms or records from HCPs as needed
- Collaborate with other Avant departments to share necessary information and updates as needed.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, And Experience
- High school degree or equivalent required; Associate’s degree preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe.
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and collaboration skills.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification, or ability to obtain.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license and clean driving record.
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation.
- Performs repetitive routine tasks.
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress.
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards.
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day.
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required.
- Must relay information orally.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.