Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: Travel Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Travel Coordinator assists the Travel team with the scheduling and booking of flights, ground transportation, rental cars, hotel accommodations, and more for both Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) and Trip Support Specialists (TSS). This role supports the Travel Specialists with daily tasks and duties as assigned, including being available on an on-call rotational basis after standard business hours. The Travel Coordinator is also responsible for proper and timely communication regarding travel and relocation with every party involved, including internal departments as needed.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Utilize Avant’s travel booking platforms to book; flights, hotel accommodations, rental cars, and any other needed arrangements for any travel associated with the Avant US Transition Program (USTP), relocations, NCLEX exam testing, and Avant’s CARE program.
- Assist with research to help determine the best airports and flights for HCPs and TSS employees considering costs, logistics and items needed during the trip.
- Distribute travel related itineraries, schedules, and provide standard pre-arrival communications to HCPs to confirm travel dates and airport departure details for their initial arrival for USTP, NCLEX, and CARE, requesting copies of the HCP’s visa if needed.
- Support the Travel team with the re-scheduling of any flights, travel accommodations, and transportation in the event of any cancellations or unexpected changes, and the update or redistribution of any documents related to the HCP’s advanced funds.
- Complete and submit any necessary documentation required for successful hotel check-in(s) including but not limited to; payment authorization forms for all USTP, Transition Trips, NCLEX, CARE and Relocations.
- Escalate any HCP family travel requests that require approval to the Travel Specialists and/or Travel Manager.
- Coordinate with the Trip Support and Travel teams to coordinate logistics for relocations including but not limited to; moving truck, car tow equipment, movers, hotel accommodations.
- Collaborate with various teams in Logistics department to request and arrange for all necessary airport transportation, NCLEX test-site transportation and Avant housing needs.
- Collaborate with the Travel Team regarding HCP special requests for flight and/or baggage reimbursements.
- Attend weekly Logistics travel meetings and other departmental team meetings as needed.
- Process and submit any HCP travel related expenses and reimbursements through internal payment systems to meet weekly and monthly accounting deadlines.
- Update and maintain the accuracy of internal Avant databases, files, schedules and more.
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Must be available for an on-call rotation to assist outside of standard business hours in the event of any reservation changes, concerns or issues related to HCP travel that may require assistance.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in administrative support, customer service, hospitality, and/or related experience and/or training required
- Experience within the travel industry preferred
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Strong sense of urgency with high priority tasks and able to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and electronic database management
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.