VP of Human Resources & Compliance
Location: Maitland, FL
Department: Human Resources & Compliance
Reports to: President
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Responsible for the operational management and administrative direction of the human resources departments to include Corporate HR, Field HR, Benefits, OD, Talent Acquisition, HRIS, Corporate Payroll, and Logistics and/or functions with broad responsibility. This position directs the long-range strategic planning, operations, and/or administrative activities of the human resources departments. Analyzes the effectiveness of and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs. The primary duty is the management of other directors, managers, professionals, and support staff.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Serving as a member of the Avant executive team and working closely with other members of Avant’s leadership team to develop and execute company strategies and achieve goals.
- Planning, developing, organizing, implementing, directing, and evaluating the organization's human resource functions and performance.
- Develop and executing strategies for recruiting and retaining top performers.
- Developing progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for effective performance.
- Developing human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training, and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities, and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the industry.
- Ensuring that the department effectively manages Avant’s workers compensation insurance program.
- Ensuring the company complies with federal and state employment and immigration laws and regulations (FMLA, FLSA, ADA, etc.).
- Ensuring the department effectively administers the company’s various benefits programs including 401k administration.
- Ensuring the department effectively coordinates Avant’s performance management process.
- Ensuring the department effectively negotiates breach payments from healthcare professionals as necessary.
- Assisting with the recruitment of new corporate team members as necessary.
- Consulting with operations management on a variety of HR issues.
- Managing the HR department to provide excellent “internal customer service” to team members.
- Managing other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health, and community relations.
- Managing the budget and other financial measures of the HR departments.
- Continuously improving the programs, policies, practices, and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
- Ensuring that the company maintains well-organized and complete HR records.
Managerial Functions of The Job
- Establishes operational goals and objectives that align with the overall strategic plan.
- Identifies, evaluates, supports, and solves complex issues related to area of expertise.
- Other duties as assigned
Provides supervision and direction to professionals and other support staff of assigned units.
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training, And Experience
- At least fifteen years of human resources experience.
- Experience must include senior leadership position(s) in a multi-state operations environment.
- Experience in the staffing industry is a plus.
- Immigration law experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred; PHR/SPHR preferred
- Experience with corporate compliance and risk management
- Experience in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done and enthusiasm to work extra hours if necessary to do so.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with multiple priorities
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and collaboration skills
- High energy, positive, enthusiastic, people oriented, organized, attention to detail
- Competency with payroll systems software, database management and other human resource information record keeping systems and excellent computer skills in Microsoft environment (Microsoft Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access).
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification or ability to obtain
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Failure to safeguard confidentiality of records could result in severe embarrassment to Avant Healthcare Professionals, and possibly impart severe damage to the life and well-being of an employee
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required