HRIS Analyst III
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: HR Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The HRIS Analyst III will design, develop and delivery HR technology solutions to the Corporate HR team while partnering with the IT department, where development is required, and other internal departments or third-party vendors as needed, to ensure a seamless workflow of business processes. The HRIS Analyst III acts as the subject matter expert for all core Corporate HR systems and is responsible for the proper operation of HR technology solutions (Kronos, Quickbase, etc.). This role is responsible for managing high-complex projects or systems and may serve as project manager for HR-technology related projects. The HRIS Analyst III audits system data and supports the HRIS manager with team’s management as needed.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Act as back-up to the HRIS Manager to supervise the team as needed, hiring and training department staff; assigning and directing work; providing performance feedback; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Stay up to date on best practices for HR software/hardware solutions and upgrades and update the HRIS Manager as needed
- Lead technology-based projects that require collaboration with multiple departments within the organization
- Provide guidance for other team members and serve as a mentor for high complex issues
- Work independently and make day-to-day decisions that have high impact to company business, while escalating complex matters
- Identify and design workflows of business processes within the company’s HRIS modules and recommend changes in methods to improve specifically the effectiveness of HRIS capabilities
- Design, implement, and analyze reports to determine the overall trends of the organization.
- Ensure systems integration and upgrades by collaborating and communicating with other colleagues.
- Offer training and technical guidance to other company staff, where appropriate.
- Maintain the company knowledge base of HRIS systems based on user needs
- Develop and configure core HRIS systems ensuring appropriate functional configuration.
- In conjunction with the direct supervisor, audit data inputs and analyze HR reports to determine overall trends of the organization
- Work closely with the IT team to plan and development requirements for data management and effective user interfaces as directed by HR leadership.
- Collaborate with IT team to troubleshoot application errors and data problems to ensure proper end user functionality
- Work with the HR and IT teams to ensure compliance with operational and regulatory requirements through the review, testing and implementation of upgrades, or enhancements
- Work with IT to test integration of systems and interfaces to operate seamlessly.
- Administer HR security policies in accessing, securing and protecting confidential and sensitive information including the monitoring of access.
- Liaise with IT to ensure HR records are in compliance with the company retention policies and regulations guidelines
- Assist the HRIS Manager to ensure security is provisioned appropriately and timely based on roles for assigned HR applications
- Generate and maintain HRIS reporting as needed and improve data collection procedures
- Act as Corporate HR’s primary point of contact to resolve technical issues affecting HR systems (Kronos, Quick Base, etc.) and partner with IT as needed
- Research and report on all problems, corrections, and changes related to inquiries and escalations regarding HRIS systems
- Partner with IT and other subject matter experts from other departments to review procedures and processes and provide recommendations to streamline processes while complying with company policies and governmental regulations
- Research, design, document and modify solutions to help simplify current processes within all the department’s functional areas.
- Track and report progress on projects as required
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Create and maintain HRIS SOP’s and user manuals
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This employee may work more than 40 hours weekly to fulfill the duties of the position.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field required; or equivalent combination of education and HRIS experience.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience working with Human Resources Information Technology configuration and data reporting required.
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience working with complex process workflows and databases (Kronos WFD (HCM/WFM/TA) and QuickBase experience highly desirable.
- Vendor management experience required
- Understanding of security administration, with high degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive information.
- Understanding of business process redesign principles, tools, and techniques.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office 365 suit and third-party payroll applications or HCM systems
- Familiarity with project management methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- IT/HRIS Data Privacy knowledge.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.