Avant Clinical & Cultural Transitions
Since 2003 Avant has offered the most comprehensive transitions programs in the industry. A solid clinical and cultural foundation is the cornerstone of the services we provide for you and your assigned healthcare facility. Our goal with transitioning support is to prepare you for every aspect of professional, social and cultural adjustment ensuring your success as you begin your new life and career in the U.S.A.
We offer Clinical Transitions Programs (CTP) for international registered nurses, as well as physical and occupational therapists.
The Clinical Nursing Program (3 weeks) and the Clinical Therapy Program (2 weeks) include:
- Clinical and cultural differences for international healthcare professionals practicing in the U.S.
- Live lectures, online learning modules and role play scenarios
- Lab activities
- Shadowing experience
- For nurses: Level II Trauma Center
- For therapists: Home health, hospital and outpatient settings
The Avant Skills Lab
Having fun in Avant CTP
The Cultural Transitions team assists you in transitioning to your new life here in the U.S.A. We work alongside you to guide you, step-by-step, through this life-changing process.
We offer support and training in:
- American values and cultural attitudes
- Driving in the U.S. with a certified driving instructor
- Obtaining a U.S. driver’s license
- Managing your personal finances
- Acquiring housing
- Purchasing a vehicle
- Locating schools, places of worship, post offices, etc. in your new home town
- Conflict management
- And so much more!
We can help in your search for a home
...and in your purchase of a vehicle...
...and help you shop for new supplies!